I feel like being vague again.

Posted: Saturday, 21 April 2007 | Posted by Aimi |

Expectations. We can't deny that we all have a few. Just a couple of things that you might want out of a situation just so that you can feel content about how things are going. That definition of "a couple of things" varies of course, accumulates over time, increases over distance.

Is it a bad thing to expect something? Some people blame themselves for having too high a hope, too demanding an expectation. Then when the next opportunity comes around they don't expect anything at all. I have to admit there are times I don't dare to expect anything either, so when something I want does come around, I'd be all the happier for it, but not devastated if it doesn't.

There's always that one time, that you unwillingly entertain an expectation, forgetting the feelings you place on the line.

Then all over again it always seems better to live without expectation. No expectations no hurt right? But then there'd be nothing much to hope for. I don't know anybody who has never short circuited about an expectation being crushed though.

I mean, those who don't feel bad when something unexpected happens, are those who can afford to.. those that no matter the circumstances still can look at their life and say, "it doesn't matter". They'd have to have almost everything they could want.

Count me out haha. Still have a bit to go.

0 comments: