And Then It Struck Me

Posted: Wednesday, 4 March 2009 | Posted by Aimi | Labels:

Inspiration. At 2am. It is more of a song than a poem.

Untitled.


Simple little smile.
How you'd simper all the while.
When all the world's a stage,
I wish you'd simply act your age;
You sat with all your tales untold,
I sit as all fables unfold
Into the caress of the night,
I watch the 'mares you fuss and fight.
Simple little smile.
It always goes another mile.
Teeth sinking into words anew.
Simple little fly dove true.
If all my world's an oyster,
Charge of such a little girl,
Then when the walrus comes ashore,
Will it try to claim the pearl?
Simple little pleasures,
With simple small delight,
Simple little treasures,
That will make it all alright.
An ocean hand, a favour,
A sweep along the shore,
A friend, a heart, a saviour,
And nothing little more.
A simple little smile.
It was all was worth my while.

0 comments: