You Make Me Go, Lalala.

Posted: Wednesday, 27 May 2009 | Posted by Aimi | Labels: ,

Life has gone absolutely topsy turvy since this project started. I know I was wishing revision and exams were over, but if I knew that I would be this pushed for time to do so much, I would have certainly savoured the moment - having only one thing to do the entire day is nowt but a dream now.

I am also regretting planning my whole summer back to back. Suddenly having constructionarium followed by Tanzania followed by work placement followed by uni again seems more stupidity than time efficiency. Yes, I know, I will have done SO much, but then I will also be pretty shattered. So much effort deserves at LEAST two weeks of staying home and doing nothing C=

I bought a whole load of crap for Tanzania on Monday...managed to get quite a lot done! Including a pretty hefty (and expensive) first aid kit with what I hope is just about everything included! I just need to get a sleeping mat, some robust sandals, and a mosquito net now. Kit to be bought is not covered in the 1500 squid budget btw, this is all stuff out my own pocket that shall never be gotten back...but at least I can use the kit again I suppose. Money collection is still going slow, but just recently we managed to squeeze some cash out of the union, hooray!

I'm also having trouble picking what to do next year for my electives, as well as picking my final year project. I hate having to choose these things now! I've had like 6 weeks to think about it and I still haven't come to a conclusion. I've spent every spare moment today going to chat to a lecturer about what to do with my life. The more I talk to them the more I don't know. But what is annoying is that I'm starting to get swayed about what to do by their personalities? This happens to me alot; you tend to judge something by the person who's doing it. In a way it's a bit silly to think like that and I try not to, but in some cases you really can't help it. I wouldn't want the things I pursue to turn me into the kind of person I don't want to be (viz. why I stopped dancing for a while).

The only activity I have ever done that had led me meet genuinely decent people is getting involved in EWB. To be fair you can't be a total tosser and stick at that sort of thing. I mean sure, everyone is human, they have egos, they have flaws, but all these things don't get inflated from the word go, simply because there are more pressing matters at hand. Other societies just felt so backward in comparison. Too much petty social drama for my liking. As if I didn't have enough of that already :p

2 comments:

  1. The FlaminDessa said...
  2. Petty social dramam! Paha! story of my life!

    Well, considering you've had 6 months to think about your electives why don't you just pick one out of the hat? make it random, it saves time and stress I think.

  3. Aimi said...
  4. I think I've just chosen the most horrible ones :(