So I'm finally back at work after spending a great weekend in Dartmoor. I do have to say, it has been a very welcome break from the suffocating hustle and bustle of the city, and the ghastly commute on the tube I now have to make to get to work from Stratford. There is nothing like fresh, crisp, west country air!
Having been a city girl all my life, I have finally broken free from this detrimental mentality that there is no need to leave London because it has "everything". It clearly does not! The fluffy sheep on the moors are much more pleasant to look at than the fashion sheep on the high street, TYVM. Every time I go on trips like this I really do feel like I'm missing out from a lot of the things that the countryside has to offer. I feel for the kids that have come from lusciously green parts of Britain to spend four years in skanky London; it must thoroughly depress them to know that the massive lawn that is Hyde Park is the closest thing they're going to get. Having said that, I probably would not like to have been brought up in a small English village, lest I wish to crave a pint of beer all my life, or get engaged when I'm 14 to a man 10 years older than me, or maybe have two kids by sixteen, or possibly get married to my cousin, not that I have any here, but you get my drift.
Not that this is a stereotype, but these things happen.
Anyway, a had a really good time (and a good work out!) on the moors. Photos will come as soon as my internet connection at home does, so you can actually see what I got up to. So in conclusion, who needs Barbados/Milan/Paris/Morocco? Save on carbon emissions and visit the beautiful west country instead! :p
In Love With The West Country
Posted:
Monday, 7 September 2009 |
Posted by
Aimi
|
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
//mimi ni //i am
- Aimi
- A girl who's in love with the moon. British in nature, Malaysian in origin, and sunny in disposition. Enjoys the beauty of uncertainty, but cannot wait for the future to start.
//birdie told me
//Things I would very much like
The Edible Garden:

A book that tells dumb people like me how to grow things. I have missed having a garden - I forgot how nice it is to eat things that you didn't have to buy.
The Abominable Charles Christopher - Book One:

The first collection of the webcomic drawn by Karl Kerschl. I met Karl in November (?) and he's a really nice guy, who draws really amazing comics.
(hint hint (",) )

A book that tells dumb people like me how to grow things. I have missed having a garden - I forgot how nice it is to eat things that you didn't have to buy.
The Abominable Charles Christopher - Book One:
The first collection of the webcomic drawn by Karl Kerschl. I met Karl in November (?) and he's a really nice guy, who draws really amazing comics.
(hint hint (",) )
//rafiki //friend
//mbuzi //goats
//piga picha //photo
#1708 feat. Lady GaGa
Sources: images lady-gaga.net/gallery;
zebra print extremerainbow@devart;
fonts various;
lyrics The Fame - Lady Gaga
Sources: images lady-gaga.net/gallery;
zebra print extremerainbow@devart;
fonts various;
lyrics The Fame - Lady Gaga


0 comments:
Post a Comment