Many Things of Some Importance.

Posted: Thursday, 18 February 2010 | Posted by Aimi |

So, like I haven't talked about my life for a while. Let's do that.

January has been pretty much a blur, deadline after deadline and that one crucial interview. Things slowed down a little until the Valentine's Day weekend came, where I felt I was trying to do a billion things in order to let myself have that weekend off. On the Saturday I had a massive girly sleepover, the biggest one I've had yet I think. We stayed at Mona's place and had too much food and the right level of good times. I burned my calves holding a position in Twister, and beat my own top score at Singstar. I ate dessert like three times that night. Oh it was so good.


I spent the Sunday having some special time with [insert affectionate term for man-friend here]. We went to Inamo on Wardour Street. We initially went there to play with the projected menus on the tables (above), but the food turned out to be pretty darn nice in the end (I have a craving for their baby prawns that looked like popcorn) and the price came up to something similar which I made JJ pay for last time at Blue Elephant. (lol, poor guy.) So it was pretty good considering that I got two dishes and rice and tea AND dessert. Berry and Chilli sorbet, ftw! Unfortunately I was having too good a time to take photos of my food.

It was also the first time that I had been out on Valentine's Day with him. The other time I had gone out (properly) was with a guy in my class who I didn't go out with again after that. I now know why I don't go out on Valentine's Day. Other couples crack me up so badly... There was one Chinese guy, playing with the menu with one hand, his phone in the other, and the girl getting proper ignored. And the couple on the other end of the room, kept saying "DAAAAHLING" very loudly, I wanted to throw my very heavy iron cast teapot at her. No really, they looked like teapots from Victorian times that you put on the fire. Well cool.


But back to reality this week, I have to design the Olympic Aquatics Centre Roof (above) which is just behind my house ironically, I'm thinking I should just sit on the DLR back and forth and take close up shots and cheat? Thanks for making my life difficult, Zaha Hadid. Somehow that might not work as well as I hope. I'm organising an energy weekend at the Arcola Theatre in Hackney for EWB. It's been a bit of a nightmare getting speakers, but hopefully I'll get the link up for tomorrow and it shall be good. I went to bellydancing class today and I'm all shimmyed out.


And tomorrow I have an Engineering Podcast (EPod) meeting, which I shall tell you more about when the next podcast is up. I recently interviewed people in my department for their opinion on the Burj Khalifa (formerly known as Burj Dubai). So watch this space. In the mean time, you can hear a podcast on what we have to say about Windows 7, and an interview with the people I went with to Tanzania. All you have to do is to click here.

If you're also in want of some more Imperial related things to read, Chris is also involved in EPod and he's an Imperial Blogger. He's a bubbly kinda guy, a side more chirpier than me even on a gloomy day.

And with that I bid you goodnight. Nonlinear Structural Mechanics tomorrow. Yay.

P.S. Happy Birthday Mr Mo Basir, the Queen of my heart.

0 comments: