Of Strange and Nerdy things

Posted: Friday, 9 April 2010 | Posted by Aimi |


Just a little update on me. This is a photo of me in Berlin last year on the CIVSOC tour. I am standing next to grafitti on the Berlin wall. We're doing our entries on our yearbook, and I stumbled across this one my friend took of me. I thought it looked cool.

I'm also looking forward to more new episodes of Doctor Who tomorrow night. Yay for Stephen Moffat's amazing rendition of the plot, Nay to Matt Smith (the new doctor) and his marrow-shaped head that is not nearly a fine a form as David Tennants's. Meh to the new companion named Amy Pond, who may share my name but often looks like a goldfish out of water at times. And Boo to the retro makeover to the interior of the TARDIS.

I complained this loudly to my bf after we watched it last week and he had to console me for about 10 mins which I suppose is rather sad. But I think that compensates for the fact that I'm relatively low maintenance on other things. (You can quote my bf on that one, I never said it. Honest.)

Do you know what other nerdy things I've been doing? I went to Greenwich to see the Royal Observatory, or what's left of it. It's a marvellous place for a picnic. To my dismay I had only brought mee goreng (noodles) with me, which kind of killed the picnicky mood. It would have been the perfect occasion for cupcakes. (But I have eaten far too many of those lately.) So me and my bro learnt a lot about clocks, the longitude problem of the 18th century, and went to the planetarium to learn about the sun. The dome made us slightly disorientated afterwards, so to my disappointment we did not see the other show about astronomers narrated by none other David Tennant. Boo. My bro took a photo of me at the Meridian (where time equals zero! hee sort of) and he reckons I look like a Doctor Who Episode promo.


Yeah, I did no revision on reservoir design that day.

My outing had also reminded me how I like space. As a result I have been watching the 1960s making of the HG Wells' The Time Machine, and several episodes of Star Trek Voyager. I don't like Star Trek as a concept, but the hologram doctor is by far the best character in there, and Seven of Nine is pretty hot. On top of that I've been watching normal things like Fresh Prince and My Wife and Kids, so like, no worries.

And then Harry Potter and GOF came on, with Robert Pattinson as Cedric. I like him here before the whole vampire scene made a comeback via Twilight. What has disturbed me more recently a photo of Pattinson (a LOLPAT to be precise) was as one of my exes by one of our mutual friends, which seems to suggest that my crush on him was bigger than I previously thought. I'm pretty sure Pattinson has some bearing on me going out with that guy - I don't think I would have normally gone out with a guy like him on personality alone... which sounds pretty bad doesn't it. I'll stop talking now.

0 comments: